Sunday 5 February 2012

Lovely Valentines inspiration at Color Combos Galore #217. "Authentique" Uncommon



Valentines Day is quickly approaching and maybe you want to make a sweet project for a special someone...
At Color Combos Galore this week we have the perfect combo for you to apply to such a project. Check this out:


Pretty isn't it?

For the designers  challenge I decided to focus on my gorgeous first born who is now away in the UK at university. Of course we miss her lots and worry about her, but with all the wonderful qualities she has I trust she will be fine. In March she is coming home for a break again, and we can't wait. 
Actually, I hope we will be able to go and visit her before then...



I used the Collection "Uncommon" by "Authentique" and had a lot of fun cutting out all the roses from one of the patterned papers. They are so feminine and I just love the pretty colours!

The large photo corners that  have painted with dimentional paint are by Imaginarium Designs and they have a similar one that  looks like this before it's  painted.

I also have some close ups to share:


 From the challenge board I was inspired to use a heart punch for my border and also to look for letter stickers that were similar to those in the photograph. I punched a border on the white Bazzil paper to mimic the wavy plate in the picture,too.








I hope I have inspired you to try this challenge.
Thanks for dropping by!!


.

13 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! I love love love love the flowers and the heart border! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful combo to work with, your page turned out beautifully Bente

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Great flowers. Love everything about this creative layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the papers...and I love all your fussy cutting. Stunning, stunning daughter and your layout does her justice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this page! It is just stunning...and your daughter is gorgeous, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely amazing layout, the color are fantastic, awesome layering...and gorgeus girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely gorgeous .... love all the lacy edges ... super duper awesome xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous Bente! Love the papers and colours and great photo too!! I love the original design of this - glad you found some sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nyyyydelig! helledussen så lekkert! og inspirerende for ikke å glemme det...takk for inspirasjonen

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Bente this page is fantastic. I love the flowers you cut out, the die cut borders and the title alphas. Your daughter is a beauty and she's so close to where I live! Yes we did have snow Bente, thankfully it didn't stay long, just long enough to stop me going to church on Sunday morning which I was disappointed about but hey ho. It may be back later in the week too. Thank you for the links to Imaginarium and for the paper name, it's beautiful. If you come to Birmingham airport let me know. I live 10 mins drive from there. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great paper and layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH YESSS! love the boldness of the red against the pink and grey, this is a striking page my dear!! too bad you never got to visit her as planned, that's a true bummer but she is coming home next month, is she? Yummie yummie fussy cutting too! Have been totally snowed under at work, almost not worth going away for a week because of the workload waiting when I get back. Tjifen åker bort en vecka med början nu den 27:e, då ska jag jobba hemifrån .... jobba å jobba, jag måste komma ikapp med det sociala, är såååå långt efter med precis allting, känns som att jag springer uppför i en rulltrappa som går nedför: kommer inte framåt. KRAM vännen

    ReplyDelete
  13. This page is DIVINE!!!!!!! WOW!!! True Bente classic beauty. The dimension, the pop and focus on the details, I love everything on this. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...