Tuesday 1 November 2011

"Simple Stories" "Baby Steps, my last two layouts as YSS GDT

Hi!


I am back to share some more of  that I made as a guest designer at YSS for October. Your Scrapbook Stash blog.


 This time I will show you a couple of layouts I made using the "Baby Steps" line from"Simple Stories"
As I don't have any babies at home any more I used the papers in a different way, just like 'any old general papers with soft patterns'. The colours are very sweet and likeable and for those who do have babies or toddlers at home they can be used for both boys and girls.

I loved the darker paper with dots on them together with the lighter ones.
For  my first layout I cut out a frame and wrinkled it, then fastened it to my page using my sewing machine. I grounded my photos with a circle of black cardstock . As a base for my title I used a couple of the journaling cards. 
You may notice too, that I painted with a lot of gesso on my base using a mask with small holes. 
I quite like the texture from it! 








































There are so many nice bits to cut out here. You can do fussy cutting, or just cut out the different squares and use them as page elements.
In the photo below you can see some of the gesso. 
The little black painted piece of chipboard peeking out from behind the photo mat is from "Imaginarium Designs"I love it!!































I know banners are ooold by now, but I can't help myself; I still love 'em....
I  cut out triangles from the pp's and stitched them together. I recommend you use a thinner thread/twine than I did though...lol! I had a few of my flags tear.



Then for my next layout:


I had these sweet photos of my youngest DD on my scrap desk and thought they would go well with this collection.
I chose a couple of sheets of pp and  a matching sheet of cardstock.




































I placed a photo in each circle and added a Prima flower vine with a suitable fall feeling to it. 
I cut a balloon image from one of the elements sheets and added a balloon sticker as well.
The small green letter stickers are from the same sheet as the balloon. So great to have all the matching letters and some sayings on the same easy-to-grab sheet! 

























I needed some more dimensional embellishments and reached for my "Vintage Vogue" goodies.
With my green/black theme I think they work well on this. 
I used the rosettes, the spool buttons, lace and the ephemera.
























I hope you liked my take on the "Simple Stories".


I have really enjoyed being a guest designer at YSS this month and and I send a big thank you to Erica for having me!

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts, Bente!! I love the colors for both pages and I like to see what you did with the banners. Awesome work as usual! You have a nice day, yeah! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYDELIGE bilder!!! Utrolig flotte layouter du har laget!! Spennende oppsett - og flotte detaljer:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely beautiful! So much little detail in each one! Love the designs and mix. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work as always Bente!! Love the cute banner and the circles!! You have done such a fantastic job with these papers! :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeus pages!!the banner is super cute, and love the flowers on the second layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Bente and Bea! Soooo loved seeing you both, what a wonderful day we had! guess who slept like a log that night, yup - moi!! Thanks for the bracelet Bea, I'm wearing it every day and will post a photo of it on my blog very soon. As to your layouts Bente, these are totally new feature material over at 2Peas! and Gesso! looks totally fab with the dimensional dots! had a go myself yesterday evening, was about to chuck the paper before it had dried but left it till this morning and it looked great! whaddya know, one of these days we might be Mahlin W's most avid followers! Have a wonderful weekend. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful. I am also still in love with banners. I love all the layers and the dimension in your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page Bente, but then you have such a gorgeous subject before you even start. Love the page design here and the colours. I love the use of the Simple Stories range.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...