Friday 20 May 2011

Color Combos Galore 193 Time Together

Time again to share my weekly project for Color Combos Galore.


For those who don't know about CCG, it is a great place to be inspired and to even inspire others.
Every week a new combo is revealed that contains four colours and a design prompt.

This is what you get to play with this week:

GORGEOUS, isn't it?


Love those colours!
I rummaged through my stash thinking that I would have SO MUCH to choose from, while in fact I did not. The pinks were too pink or the greens had too much lime in them. I am quite ok with the ones I found in the end , and I do love that Cosmo C woodgrain paper.
The black paper with white dots is by Webster's Pages.

I did a lot of fiddling with my papers and that was what took me the longest time...

That cute little white doily is courtesy of the fantastic Leeann Pearce whom I admire much!!
Other than that my clusters consist of mini roses, leaves and pink chocolate wrappers.


























I hope you can see from the next  picture that the layout is not flat but has quite a lot of dimension.

I added twine behind the black foam stickers for my title to help create more balance on the layout.
And I wanted the twine-lines to town down the stark black of the letters.

























Beatrice took this photo of Alexandra and me last week end when we went to visit with my sister in Denmark. Not the most flattering one maybe, but fun!

I matted the b/w photo with black cardstock.


























The designer challenge this week was to journal on your page.

Mine says;
"Time goes quickly. For the longest time we have talked about you going to apply for university in England or Scotland. Now that that you were accepted and a date has been set it is getting very close.
I don't think I am ready yet..."































































The big clock embellishment was cut from an older Prima paintable. I added some pink pearls to go with the theme.

























Well, I am off to work now ladies.
Hope you feel inspired to join in the fun at CCG and I must say I love reading all the beautiful comments you leave me.

Have a lovely day!

13 comments:

  1. a great alyout. The colour combo was nice and you did a fabulous job with it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bente, this is wonderful!! Wonderful job!! And I am adoring those doilies from Leann! hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page again love the details and great color combo.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layering and how you tucked the white doilies and pink candy wrappers in the project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a wonderful LO !!!!!The colours are so great !!!!!
    You just did a fabulous work...I´m in love with the page !!!
    Hugs and kisses from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bente, found you from your comment on Sarah's Cards blog :)
    Gorgeous page, love all the layering and distressing and the tiny doilies are just so cute!
    Off to look at the rest of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the b&w picture and the fibres tucked behind the title is a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Bente, that will be a sad but exciting time, to go off to University, an excuse to visit the UK though! Love the layout, gorgeous layering and texture as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha some jag skrev borta på CCG är det här fotot bara såå kul! LOVE this week's palette and have the perfect photo to go with it, but finding the right green turned out more tricky than I first thought. You on the other hand did just splendid! Du skrev att ni hade lagerutförsäljning, hoppas att det bara är för att göra plats för nytt på ingång?! Kramisjamis E

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aah Bente, this is such a superb LO! As I mentioned on Color Combos Galore, I love all your layers, and I especially love the way that you have layered embellies between your paper layers...what a fabulous idea, and so effective! I also love the way that you have distressed your papers, and the clock embellished with pearls is sooo lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  11. wooooow this is AWESOME!! superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow - I could stare at this for ages!!! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME page!!! And the pic is so cool too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Layout!I love mini roses;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...